MadleyHadley is no longer being updated. For similar posts by the author of MadleyHadley, visit Toad in the Garlic.

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Saga of the Oven, pt 4

Finally, an oven!
I spent hours and hours poring over websites, looking for an oven to fit the hole in our wall.  Most American-brand ovens didn't.  They were too tall or too wide or too black....  I finally settled on the idea of purchasing a professional quarter-size convection oven -- perhaps the Cadco OV-003 or the Equipex FC-26.  But have you ever tried to find reviews on that type of thing, without really being in the food business?  Nearly impossible.
And then I found a website with European models, smaller and more efficient -- and a good size for our kitchen.  I considered ordering online, but it seemed risky, so I went to Manny's.  They special-ordered it for me, matching the online price and giving me free local delivery.  It arrived nearly a week later.
It was March, and I finally had an oven.


A Bertazzoni F24PROXV, a convection single-wall oven with an enamel interior (hiding the elements in the bottom for easy clean-up) and a light and fan that stay on as long as the oven is on (so you never forget to turn off the oven).  It's a beaut.  And it makes lovely loaves of bread (how did I survive without European convection before?)



*******

No comments: