MadleyHadley is no longer being updated. For similar posts by the author of MadleyHadley, visit Toad in the Garlic.

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Saga of the Oven, pt 2

Since I continue to be a slacker at blogging these days (blame the rain, the clouds, the continued cold weather, and the third person in the house), I decided to keep this short and sweet. 

Did you know that you can
  • bake cookies on a skillet?
  • bake potatoes in a slow cooker?
  • bake a pie in a stovetop dutch oven?
  • bake holiday cakes in a steamer?
  • bake rolls in a slow cooker?
You can -- it's true!  Since I went through the holidays without a working oven, I got creative with my other appliances and learned to bake with everything else, tweaking recipes and cooking times until I got things right.  I didn't take too many pictures, unfortunately, but you can see my work with the skillet below.
The cookies were perfect!  Crispy and light and delicate -- and maybe even easier to keep from burning than if I had used an oven.  Yummy!
*******

No comments: