MadleyHadley is no longer being updated. For similar posts by the author of MadleyHadley, visit Toad in the Garlic.

Friday, June 8, 2012

CSA: Next Barn Over

It's open CSA week, and I took an opportunity to visit Next Barn Over CSA after work today during their open hours.



When I arrived, people with shares were happily picking strawberries in the open strawberry field.
I made my way past some fields of young vegetables,
and on to the barn to check out what was inside.  Inside the barn I found shelves of jams, sauces, honey, and popcorn, as well as a cooler with yogurt and cheese, and a rack of bread and coffee.
 
I turned the corner and discovered the greens selection.  All kinds of things, from garlic scapes to boston lettuce to kale.  It was a beautiful sight (and it smelled so green and fresh). 
I really like the paintings on the walls.
 
Back to my car.  And I passed my favourite part of all -- the rows and rows of sugar snap peas, of which members can partake, and which might just be enough to convince me that this is the CSA for me.  (I LOVE sugar snap peas!)
If you're interested in learning more about Next Barn Over, visit their website or visit their CSA on a pickup day (Mon/Wed 2-7, Fri 12-4) and pick up an informational flier at the entry to the barn.  This is great stuff.
*******

No comments: