MadleyHadley is no longer being updated. For similar posts by the author of MadleyHadley, visit Toad in the Garlic.

Thursday, November 22, 2012

Giving of Thanks

I haven't seen the local turkey families yet this year.  They're not crossing the street at the same time I head off for work.  But this week on PBS Nature, there was a story about a man who raised and mothered 16 baby turkeys.  A wonderful story -- full of charm and joy, but not without sorrow.  If you're in need of a different kind of turkey fix this Thanksgiving, you can watch the video online (My Life as a Turkey).

I hope you really do set aside time today to reflect on what you are thankful for.  When I actually take the time, I realize there is so much (even on a bad day, which this isn't).  So, a few things to start off the day -- I'm thankful for:
  • Mr. Madley
  • my cozy home
  • my darling neurotic cat
  • sunshine
  • family & friends
  • indoor plumbing
  • native birds
  • my job
  • locally-grown food
  • books
  • homemade bread
  • pie

Have a delightful Thanksgiving!

*******

No comments: