MadleyHadley is no longer being updated. For similar posts by the author of MadleyHadley, visit Toad in the Garlic.

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Too Much Zucchini?

So far, I have not had to deal with an overabundance of zucchini.  And even when my garden does actually grow plenty of it (not the case this year), I keep finding great recipes (zucchini marmalade!).  Tonight, on a whim, and because I was looking for a different way to serve vegetables for dinner, I decided the make zucchini fritters.

I'm not sure where the idea came from; I wasn't looking for recipes, but maybe the simple image of a partial grated zucchini in the fridge was enough to trigger the thought (I had used part of the zucchini earlier for zucchini bread).
I don't have exact amounts for you, but here's a list of ingredients and a pseudo-recipe -- these fritters were quite tasty and very easy, and the recipe can easily be cut in half.
2 medium grated zucchini
2 eggs
flour
salt
pepper
Mix zucchini and egg; add flour to reach a batter consistency; salt and pepper to taste.  Heat vegetable/canola oil in frying pan.  Drop by spoonful or 1/4 cupful into frying pan, turning when browned on one side.  Makes about 8 fritters, depending on size.
 

These are a lot like pancakes or latkes and are good with salt or with syrup.  Delicious for dinner, probably pretty good for breakfast, too.  Enjoy!
*******

No comments: